Thursday, January 7, 2010


Liam and I had a rough night because Liam sobbed in bed from 12:30 to 4:30 am. He cried for home and I felt horrible for him. I soon figured out that he was burning hot and I did the old pinky in the ear test and sure enough he had an ear infection. I had to wake up Grandpa who checked him with the proper tools and smashed up some antibiotics for him. He was a sad limp rag until Grandpa got him giggling by theatrically quoting Hamlet while mixing his "potion" of crushed antibiotics and blackberry jam. Suddenly Liam disappeared into the Living room with all of Christmas under the tree. There was an fearful stare shared between my father and I and an awkward silence followed. Suddenly Liam came bursting back into the kitchen with the empty granola bar wrapper waving frantically about and shouted "Look" with the excitement only a child can have at finding that Santa had indeed visited and eaten his goodies. His earache was gone soon after and he kept me up for 2 more hours asking "can we go open presents now?"

No comments: