Liam gets a children's magazine called Humpty Dumpty each month. It's full of stories, games, and activities to do. One day he asked me how the kids in the Magazine got their art in it and I told him they entered an art contest. HE was all over it and had to draw his favorite animal. We sent it in and a few months went by in which I completely forgot we even did it. We got the new mag in the mail and Eric was browsing through it when LIam says" Mom, remember when we sent my picture to the magazine?" I didn't remember and actually thought I might not have sent it except that Eric suddenly opened to a page with a picture of his son and his Dinosaur picture. It really took me by surprise. None of us had a clue. I'm mostly proud of Liam for just going for it, I would have been so intimidated as a child.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Published
Liam gets a children's magazine called Humpty Dumpty each month. It's full of stories, games, and activities to do. One day he asked me how the kids in the Magazine got their art in it and I told him they entered an art contest. HE was all over it and had to draw his favorite animal. We sent it in and a few months went by in which I completely forgot we even did it. We got the new mag in the mail and Eric was browsing through it when LIam says" Mom, remember when we sent my picture to the magazine?" I didn't remember and actually thought I might not have sent it except that Eric suddenly opened to a page with a picture of his son and his Dinosaur picture. It really took me by surprise. None of us had a clue. I'm mostly proud of Liam for just going for it, I would have been so intimidated as a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ok. that is really really cool! he's totally going to be famous someday.
That is awesome. He is such a clever boy. I wish I had his talent.
Yes!! I'm not surprised. This is just the beginning..........where do we get a copy of the magazine. Or, perhaps you could print the page and save it for us. Hooray for Liam. I'm very proud of you!
Way to go Liam! Congrats little man!
Aww...Way to go little Liam! Keep it up! This is just the first of many a published work...
Post a Comment