Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Coolest Prayer Ever

So we have been battling with Liam to say his personal prayers every night for a while. He just refuses to do it. But, he humbly revealed to me the other night that he does say his prayers after I leave his room. Here is the prayer he says faithfully and totally seriously every night:

Dear HEavenly Father, bless it that no pirates will come.
If I see pirates, kill them and make them fade away
If I see ogres, kill them and make them fade away
If I see monsters, kill them and make them fade away
If I see robbers, make the police come and put them in jail
If I see bad guys, make a hero come
If i see dinosaurs, kill them and make them fade away
bless that I will get better
bless that I will have good dreams
bless that Anna will not cry when I hug her
int he name of Jesus Christ, Amen

THis is all memorized and said like that music poetry art stuff, kind of musically. Oh man, he is cute.

6 comments:

Maren said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to say that prayer tonight. Liam is the coolest kid ever.

Brooke said...

That's awesome!

Liz said...

Thats a totally sweet prayer! Nice, Liam. High five!

Becky said...

K but that kind of breaks my heart that he says bless Anna that she won't cry when I hug her. Poor guy just wants her to love him.

Heather said...

i am glad someone is praying that dinosaurs will fade away. that would be crazy if they came back!

Granma 'Chelle and Granpa Bill said...

Hmmmmmmmmm. Time to change his room decor and some of his books and toys? Sweet Liam. What a precious little spirit he is.
Love,