The other night while cuddling behind Liam in bed he says, "Mom, I said something really mean today" "what did you say?" I said to Anna, "I wish you were never born." "I bet that made Anna sad, how did you feel when you said it." it's quiet for a moment "I knew I shouldn't have told you, I don't want to talk about it" "sometimes it feels good to say something mean at the moment, but you always feel bad about it later. Nobody is perfect Liam. We all make bad choices at times." "Martin Luther King was perfect." "How do you think he learned to make so many good choices? I bet he made some bad choices too, but he learned to choose the right." "What about Abraham Lincoln, he was Honest Abe. He never never made bad choices." "Why do you think he thought it was sooooo important to tell the truth?" "cause he didn't like how he felt when he lied, so he doesn't do it anymore" "See, we all make bad choices but we can make them right. How could you make what you said to Anna right?" "I could say 'Anna, I wish you were born." George Washington did that. he cut down an apple tree and when everyone asked who did it he didn't tell the truth. But then he made it right and told everybody that he did it" quiet for a moment "Mom, I love you." Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Confessions
The other night while cuddling behind Liam in bed he says, "Mom, I said something really mean today" "what did you say?" I said to Anna, "I wish you were never born." "I bet that made Anna sad, how did you feel when you said it." it's quiet for a moment "I knew I shouldn't have told you, I don't want to talk about it" "sometimes it feels good to say something mean at the moment, but you always feel bad about it later. Nobody is perfect Liam. We all make bad choices at times." "Martin Luther King was perfect." "How do you think he learned to make so many good choices? I bet he made some bad choices too, but he learned to choose the right." "What about Abraham Lincoln, he was Honest Abe. He never never made bad choices." "Why do you think he thought it was sooooo important to tell the truth?" "cause he didn't like how he felt when he lied, so he doesn't do it anymore" "See, we all make bad choices but we can make them right. How could you make what you said to Anna right?" "I could say 'Anna, I wish you were born." George Washington did that. he cut down an apple tree and when everyone asked who did it he didn't tell the truth. But then he made it right and told everybody that he did it" quiet for a moment "Mom, I love you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that picture is awesome!
Oh, Liam. You've moved on from the days of the gigaaaantic bums! What a poignant conversation in a young boy's life.
julie we need some updates and pics of the new house! hope you are well.
xo
Mer
Post a Comment