Tuesday, April 6, 2010

kids

We hit the roller rink for the kids first attempt at skating the other weekend. I hafn't planned on Anna skating, but fumping on the blow up stuff instead. She was insistent that she was going to skate and was extremely confident as we were handed the tiniest little skates I've ever seen. I asked her if she knew how to skate and she put her arms out like an airplane and said "Like this".


Liam was also uber confident until he got out onto the floor and had to cling to the wall all the way around. He crawled by me and shouted in frusteration, "How...do...you...rollerskate?! I could see him watching the older boys glide majestically around the rink. Then I saw this determination fix on his face and he got up and studiously worked on skating with no hands. He fell soooooo many times and he didn't hestitate and just got back up. He was so intense and finally got a little system going. I was so proud of him! A mommy moment for sure.

1 comment:

Granma 'Chelle and Granpa Bill said...

Fantastic!!! I'm so excited to go skating with Liam and Anna. This is just great.
Love you,
Mom